12 January 2014

Empennage: Aft fuselage. Priming.

Nothing exciting other than priming a whole lotta parts.  For the first time, given the many parts, I used the dimpling table which is usually just out of the time lapse camera's range in the far field.  That table is shown in the bottom row, right side.



As an aside, I tried taking some pictures immediately after priming.  When the flash was engaged, the images came out foggy.  On cleaning the lens, they were still foggy.  I quickly realized it was due to the primer that precipitated out and became airborne.  I hadn't realized that this happened.  This is why I wear a respirator.  Left image, no flash.  Right, with flash.


The next day, I took a picture of all the parts that are primed and ready to go.  First we have what's in the basement...


...then for completeness, what we already have in the guest room.


I don't live in a house any longer.  It seems I'm living in a hangar that has no runway access.

No comments:

Post a Comment