22 February 2015

Fuselage: Forward mid fuse bulkheads. Forward center completed.

Remarkably, I finally completed the forward center bulkhead.  What was holding me up was my third and finally successful attempt at the right bearing bracket assembly.  See here for details on try #1 and here for try #2.

It is my suggestion to rivet the F-01441-L/R bearing bracket braces to their respective inboard F-01438-L/R cover ribs prior to riveting those ribs to the F-01403 forward center section bulkhead.  The plans have you rivet the braces after the cover ribs get riveted to the bulkhead.  That makes accessing the rivets holding the braces to the ribs difficult (see below).  I see no impediment to accessing the rivets holding the cover ribs to the bulkhead with the brace riveted on beforehand.


I have no isolated picture of the completed bulkhead, as I attached it to the lower forward fuselage prior to thinking of capturing an image.



No comments:

Post a Comment