05 March 2015

Fuselage: Forward mid fuselage lower structure. Completed.

The firewall has been sealed on to the lower fuse skins and muffler shrouds.



After I sealed everything together, I realized I neglected to rivet the F-01435-L/R cover bases to the F-01451-L/R tunnel sides.  There are 2 rivets on each side that need to be set before attaching everything to the F-01483-L/R forward bottom skins.  If they aren't done prior to that point, then there won't be access to the inboard side of the tunnel sides since the F-01453-L/R muffler shroud sides would be in the way.  See red areas below from page 28-05.


Figuring I'd have to use a pull rivet of some kind, I researched my options.  I found that there are no strong 3/32" pull rivets available.  The best I found was the CCC-32, which has relatively poor strength.  So, I thought I might be able to uncleco the tunnel sides to access the rivets.  Sure enough, it was possible.  With some wood blocks to push the sides away from the muffler shroud, I could easily negotiate a squeezer in there.  Crisis averted.


No comments:

Post a Comment