03 March 2015

Fuselage: Upper forward fuselage. Upper forward fuselage assembly completed.

This is a fairly straight forward part. As I typically work solo, I have to support my work so I have something to work against when applying forces to rivet.


I would suggest riveting the F-01477-L/R connector brackets to the F-01494-L/R instrument panel standoffs before riveting the standoffs to the upper forward fuse assembly.  Putting the brackets on earlier does not impede access to the rivets attaching the standoffs to the assembly.


I was able to squeeze the aft-most rivets.  But it's extremely difficult to access the forward-most AN426AD3-3.5 rivet on each bracket.  I had to come up with a creative way to do it.  Below you can see how I situated a back rivet plate in just the right location.  With my 12" extended back rivet set, I was able to hit it. 


The upper forward fuselage assembly awaits its turn to be fastened to the upper forward fuselage.



No comments:

Post a Comment