25 May 2013

Wings: Rear spar. Priming rear spar.

4 hours of prep and priming and all parts for the rear spar are done, including some J-stiffener.


The night before, I was thinking that I should test the spray gun since I last primed the ribs.  I figured something might have gummed up in there despite my having fastidiously cleaned it out after using it the first time.  I didn't get around to doing that.  So after cleaning and etching all the parts, I fired up the gun with some water and all that came out was air.  1 hour later, following a near complete disassembly (and serious consideration of an emergency run to buy a new gun), I determined that the plunger which controls the valve opening/closing the fluid was stuck and wouldn't open.


  Next will be :
  1. Riveting together the new right torque-tube bracket to fix my error from before.
  2. Putting the inboard-most rib on the right spar.
  3. Riveting that torque tube support bracket to that rib.
  4. Riveting the aileron brackets together.
  5. Riveting the various doublers to the spar.  
  6. Ream out the "critical hole" in the forks and doublers.  No mistakes allowed here.
  7. Rivet the rear spar assemblies to the ribs on the main spar.



No comments:

Post a Comment