22 March 2017

Interior. Seating, arm rests, lap and shoulder belts placed.

I purchased my seats from Flightline Interiors.  You can read about my selection here.  The remaining piece, the harnesses, also obtained through Flightline, are from Crow Enterprizes (sic).

I have not yet placed the crotch straps as I will wait until the seats are removed from their protective plastic coverings. The carpeting will be the last thing to be placed in the interior so that the pieces don't get dirty.




The back rest cushions are affixed to the airframe's seat backs with snap buttons, like one might find on a pair of jeans.  However, Flightline provides snap studs for the seat backs that have self tapping screws (left).  These hazardous, invasive knives were not something I wanted in my airframe.  So I went on Amazon to find the right size snap studs (3/8") that I could rivet with LP4-3 rivets (right).


Flightline didn't attach the snaps to the back rests with consistent spacing, so the holes on the seat frame for each back rest must be spaced uniquely, meaning the seats and frames are no longer interchangeable once the studs are riveted on.  Below you can see the LP4-3 rivets through the frames, rather than sharp self-tapping screws.


And now the back rests are ready to be attached to the seat frames.


No comments:

Post a Comment