07 December 2014

Fuselage: Mid fuselage lower structure. More riveting.

The gear brace angle gets riveted to the center bottom skin.  Later, the forward bottom skins overlap the center bottom skin.  So not all rivets are placed yet.  Back when I cut out the gear leg holes in the forward bottom skins, I had traced the overlap onto the center bottom skin.


With all the gear brace rivets taped in, the tracing makes identifying the rivets to be left out an easy task.


A builder posted to VAF showing that it's difficult to access the shop ends of the rivets under the inboard angles on the gear brace.  Van's agreed, suggesting that the angles be riveted onto the brace after the brace is riveted onto the skin.  Luckily that builder was also in touch with me prior to my reaching that step.  I was able to ensure the angle was orthogonal when riveting it in the modified order.


Completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment