08 October 2015

Powerplant: Engine delivered.

The engine was delivered today.  Twice.

I had no idea it had even been shipped (a week afterwards, I received a letter saying it was shipped the week before).  Luckily, I was home.  The first UPS truck showed up about 1:30 P.M.  When I answered the door, the driver said "I'm here to tell you that your engine is not being delivered today."  Apparently when it was shipped, the address was not identified as a residential one so the truck was not equipped with a lift gate.  The driver said they would try to deliver it tomorrow and would call ahead to arrange a time.


About an hour and fifteen minutes later, another truck arrived for delivery attempt #2.  The original driver had given his cargo to his second, lift gate-equipped colleague.  Again, no communication from the driver.  He just showed up assuming I was home.


He was not willing to place the pallet on my purpose-acquired dolly, so I had him place it behind the plane where it would reside in an unimposing manner.



Dimensions: 38"x25"x39" (WxHxD).  Weight:  379 pounds.  For the the civilized world, that's 96.5x63.5x99 cm and 172 kg.  The box rests on three 2x4s and that is then rested on a tired, old, ratted-out pallet.

The "Tip N Tell" was new to me.  Very ingenious (demo video here).


So the engine shall rest in that spot for...oh...probably most of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment