04 November 2015

Fuselage: Aileron and Elevator Systems. Pushrods in.

A relatively simple task to put the elevator pushrods in.  I installed them in reverse order from the plans to facilitate access to my other workstreams.  I actually built the pushrods back on 22-Jan-15.

First I put the CS-00003 Aft Elevator Pushrod after placing the F-14139 Bellcrank Mount.  The mount gives much needed rigidity to the F-1037B/C Battery Angles and F-01429-L/R Bellcrank Ribs (left).  A strategically cut and placed piece of cardboard helps augment pushrod movement so it doesn't get caught on the bulkhead lightening hole (right).


It took me a good hour to file down the F-01405E Idler Bracket so that the CS-000111 Idler Arms could freely travel.  The clip on the right was easily bent back into place.


It's a bit of a challenge to reach the bolt that ties down the CS-00001 Forward Elevator Pushrod Assembly (left).  But it can be done (right).


I still have yet to set the stick base travel and other subsequent parts of Section 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment