05 October 2013

Wings: Flaps. Bucking bottom skins to spar flange.

It's a tight fit in there, but it is doable.  Again, use the Popsicle stick method to let the narrow, heavy bucking bar float above any shop or factory heads in the way.


The plans say you can use pop rivets for the the fasteners straddling the hinge assemblies.  


But I was able to get the mushroom set in there on one side after removing the spring (a fellow -14 builder clued me in to that idea).  On the other side, I used my 12" extended back riveting set since I couldn't quite get it with the mushroom.  For the latter approach, the right amount of pressure was necessary to keep the piston on the rivet head.


Good times.


Google is having trouble with their blogspot code.  The text widget broke so I can't update the sidebar contents.  I'm up to 436.5 hours.  I bet wing completion happens at 700.

No comments:

Post a Comment