25 October 2013

Empennage: Empennage kit delivered.

FedEx delivered the empennage kit today.  They called yesterday to setup the delivery time.  This was the only true indication it was shipped.  My credit card was charged the remaining 75% of the kit cost last Friday and the shipping charges were applied this Wednesday.  Monitoring my card's charges was the "notice" I got.  Though it would be nice to get direct notice with a tracking number from Van's, they've hit their target shipping dates each time so there's truly little to gripe over.

No visible damage.  Driver was curious about the contents.  He said he'd gone up in a hang glider and "that was enough for" him.  I can appreciate that.


Waiting in backyard (a.k.a., the rock garden) for the house to devour.


House swallows the crate.



Here it shall sit for a few weeks until I get the time and space to unpack and inventory.  You can see ailerons in the background and the wing crate (the empty wing crate) in the upper left.  Once again, Van's, your packaging performance is truly amazing!


With those big skins, the kit leaves me with a challenge similar to that of the wings:  I probably won't be able to complete construction in the limited confines of my basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment