15 August 2013

Wings: Bottom skins. Prepping skins and priming gap farings.

The bottom skins are in the works as I wait out tank completion and figure the logistics for moving the wings as-are out of the basement.  I can't let the wings get bigger lest they need to be removed by lifting the carpet and floorboard from between two joists to push the wings out.  Right now they will fit through the egress window, which is the best option (indeed on 18-Aug-13, that's how it was done).

First I cut the vinyl from the rivet lines, then match drilled the inboard rib to the nutplate holes for each wing.  This was the first time I've used the clecos all gunked up with sealant.  I'm not a fan.  I'll be looking at cleaning them...somehow.


In looking at the plans, I can put on the flap and aileron gap fairings (Section 20) prior to systems wiring (Section 19).  This lets me get ahead as I wait out attaching the tanks and leading edges.  So, I've primed the farings plus the ADHARS mount and J-stiffeners.  Here are those parts lined up for priming after cleaning and etching with Stuart System's EkoClean and EkoEtch.  The tanks are front-and-center awaiting more work.


Here are the parts all primed with EkoPoxy/EkoPrime.  You can see an outboard bottom skin with the rivet lines exposed in the foreground plus the tank rear baffle and attach zees in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment