17 August 2013

Wings: Fuel tanks. Right tank ribs and stiffeners sealed.

I decided to redo my fuel tanks.  See here for why.  The entries specific to the redone tanks are here.

The right tank ribs and stiffeners are in, along with the capacitive probe connector.

I bought an extended double offset rivet set to hit the top-most AN470AD4-5 rivet joining the aft and fore inboard ribs to the tank attach assembly.  Turns out this thing is really difficult to use and just ends up work hardening the rivet.  So, in the end, that rivet isn't very pretty.


The plans would do well to have you not rivet the VA-146 Flange Bearing to the tank attach assembly until after you drive that rivet described above.

Both tanks are waiting to have their fuel level optical sensor installed, final sealing forward of the J-stiffeners and fuel float senders (yes, I'm using those with the capacitive sensors).  Then I can leak test prior to putting on the baffles.

What a mess.  I should clean that.

No comments:

Post a Comment