18 November 2014

Fuselage: Forward Mid Fuselage Bulkheads. Priming.

Nothing more exciting than priming parts.  But, I hadn't primed anything since 30-Jun-14.  So, my two part epoxy primer had been sitting, untouched and sealed in their cans for nearly 5 months.  Wow, the contents of the Part A can turned to pure sludge.  All the solids settled.  I had to don gloves and get my hands in there to break it up before I could even attempt to mix it (I'm not that only one to experience this).  Took a good 30 minutes before having something that was reasonably mixed.  After finishing this priming session, there were about 13 fluid ounces of final product remaining, so I chose to toss it in favor of using the additional amount I ordered last week to finish the fuselage. 

Beginning.


End.


I sneaked in the seat ribs and some a few other small parts from the next section.

No comments:

Post a Comment