12 July 2015

Fuselage: Forward mid fuselage side structures. Side skins ready.

Getting the side skins ready for install.

F-01470-L/R side skins get cleco'd for various match-drilling needs.


The F-01418A-L/R upper longerons get countersunk.  This is the left longeron.  The holes will need to be re-primed.  The lower longeron gets the same exercise (not shown).


The F-01485-L/R side plates get countersunk.


FF-00006B-L/R cowl hinges get countersunk.  See my later post for my thoughts on these hinges.


I back-riveted the side plates and F-01464-L/R to the side skins.  It's important to keep things clamped down lest the rivets find themselves prideful.  I used AN26AD4-7.5 instead of the -8s called for in the plans.  The -8s were too long and kept clenching over.  I also used AN426AD3-4 on the rivets holding the side plate to the skin rather than the called out -3.5 as I felt the latter were too short.


No comments:

Post a Comment