02 July 2020

Modifications: Filled hole for stall vane.

I installed the stall vane per plans (page 17-07).  However, my GRT HXr EFIS on my panel does not support a stall vane.  The one thing the stall vane was consistently adept at doing was ripping my pants.  The vane had to go.  The only minor issue with doing so was filling the hole in the wing.

I mixed up some epoxy with flox and cab-o-sil and stuffed the mixture into the hole from the front, then reached in from the access panel and ensured it was adequately covering the hole on the inside.  I then put a piece of wax paper on the front, moving it around a bit to get rid of air then taped it down.


Upon removal of the wax paper, the area already looked pretty good.


Following some sanding with 200 grit followed by 400, it came out really nice.  And my pants look forward to no more snags.


No comments:

Post a Comment