21 July 2020

Interior: Side panels.

Originally I didn't want side panels because I didn't want to cart around the extra weight.  But a few months ago I was in a friend's RV-7A with side panels which changed my mind.  Plus, I believe the best way to reduce the weight of a plane is to reduce the weight of its pilot!

Here are the seats and armrests I have installed in my airplane.  They were received on 27-Jan-16 and placed in the plane for the first time on 22-Mar-17.  They are from Flightline Interiors and are quite comfortable. 


Flightlines' design option for the side panels are shown below.


I requested this panel and coloring.  I wanted the pieces in the middle to be red to match the red motif elsewhere.  The panels would have no trouble accommodating my headset hangers.


Here are my new side panels in place. As packed, the box they shipped in weighed 6 pounds and I neglected to weigh the pieces before putting them in the plane.





I also had Flightlines make a cover for my poor-man's seat warmers.


As an aside, I actually have pictures of the interior with all gray pieces since Flightlines made an error originally.  Here's what that looked like.  I prefer the red pieces shown above, of course.  Note, the pieces by the arm rests were too tall on this set, so the arm rest stuck out.  The shortened pieces shown above accommodate the arm rests properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment