01 November 2014

Fuselage: Fuselage kit inventory (mostly) complete.

Spent several hours inventorying the fuselage kit this afternoon.  All major parts are accounted for.  However, I did not receive a hardware bag manifest, so I could not count screws, nuts, etc.  Easy fix by a call to the home base on Monday.

I remember when I received the wing kit back in Apr-13, I was overwhelmed by all the parts and the unfamiliarity with everything.  It's interesting to see how the fuselage kit, though chock-full of parts, is not so psychologically daunting as it might be had I no experience with the prior kits.

Going through the inventory process is like a social meet-and-greet mixer where I get to know my new friends.  This kit is unique in that now you get to see the ergonomic elements of the aircraft:  The "human" parts that connect one to the reality of flight like control sticks, rudder pedals, vents, instrument panel, etc.  It's starting to become more personal and real.

Lots of fun hardware.  Brake master cylinders, fuel pump, flap actuator, etc.


Step attach weldments, engine mount brackets, control stick bases, flap crank, etc.


Instrument panel flange.


Sticks, vents and rudder pedals.


Shrouds and firewall parts.  Various parts stacks.


Center section bulkheads.


They pack the bulkheads by wrapping them together in plastic wrap.  No padding is placed between them so they bite into each other during the vibration of shipping.  I'll have to sand these out and spot prime the missing alodyne.


Here's where the rest of the parts and skins await their turn in the wing and empennage crates.  I kept a lot of things wrapped up since I probably won't get to them prior moving over to the new house hangar.


No comments:

Post a Comment