14 March 2013

Shop: Dimpler platforms.


Today I finished the dimpler platforms.  I departed from the usual design and made two separate supports on stilts.  We'll see if going against years of collective experience was a good decision.

My house had some leftover carpet in the basement, so no need to waste money there.  I used outdoor carpet glue on the surface with 80 pounds of weight pushing down overnight whilst it dried.  I had to buy a staple gun to wrap the carpet edges around the platforms. The electric one costs just as much as the manual one.  Might as well reduce my workload!

As you can see, I went with the DRDT-2.  This thing is very well built.

 

Total time spent on dimpler setup and platforms, also including drill press assembly and grinder mounting:   10 hours, 28 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment