03 February 2014

Wings: Fuel tanks redo. Delivery.

Because I'm redoing my fuel tanks, I'm really only posting progress reports rather than additional details.  See here for why I'm redoing my tanks.  Technique details on the original fuel tanks are found in their associated posts.
60x23x8 inches at 80 pounds.  The contents of this wonderful box represent an extraordinary piece of mind.



An ingenious methodology to the securing of sealant for shipping.


They cut the 60" J-stiffeners to fit in the 60" exterior length box.  Inside length of the box is 59" and the required length of the stiffeners for the tanks is 54".  Unfortunately, they cut the stiffeners to 52" (with shears no less, so the edges are warped).  Initially I thought I could just overlap two stiffeners to make up the 54" length, as is done in the wings, but then thought it would just be an invitation for later potential leakage.  I will discuss with Van's to see if they'd be amenable to replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment