02 December 2013

Autopilot: Roll servo fitting again.

As I am the first -14 to install a GRT roll servo, previously, I indicated that the roll servo needed some shimming to fit properly.  I still haven't heard from GRT just yet, but in the interim, I've added three additional washers to ensure that rod end bearings don't rub.  Note, the top support bracket is not yet installed.

Aileron full up.


Aileron full down.

 
The servo kit for the RV-10 comes with an AN3H-12A (for insertion into a bolt rather than a nutplate).  However, with the additional washers needed to keep the pushrod at a reasonable able, the kit's bolt needed to be lengthened so I'm using an AN3H-14A into the nutplate.  I need to measure the "prairie-dogged" thread length to make sure it's properly sized (I tried to find the right term for what I'm describing - here's a good nut and bolt glossary - and the failure of that search saw me coin my own term).  Seems like an AN3H-15A could be better based on what I see elsewhere in the wing kit.


Here is the distal end of the servo's pushrod showing the three additional AN960-10 washers I added.


Still don't have the support bracket in permanently yet.  Looking at other options besides what I initially fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment