14 December 2013

Empennage: Vertical stabilizer. Cleco'd and match-drilled.

The wings are not yet complete as I have a small "squawk list" to punch through.  I'm waiting for a second set of hands to help with that.  So, today marks the official beginning of the empennage.  The plans start off with a relatively easy assembly of the vertical stabilizer (though I may change that assessment after I start riveting).  It's merely a deburr, cleco and match-drill job followed by riveting.  I've completed the match-drilling.  Need only a few countersinks, dimpling then time for priming.

My compressor is down since I decided to change its oil, only to find I didn't have enough to replace it.  So I've been using the cleco pliers.  Oh, how I miss my cleco gun.

The spar-rib assembly.


All cleco'd up and match-drilled.


Hopefully the vertical stabilizer never finds itself in this attitude during flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment