31 December 2013

Empennage: Elevators. Right elevator parts primed.

With the weather turning to snow tomorrow and the realization that I misaligned the piano hinge on the trim tab during match drilling, it wasn't reasonable to get the left elevator ready for priming today (I do the cleaning and etching outside).  Turns out that was a good decision anyway since there were so many parts between the two elevator halves, that priming each separately is more manageable.  So after a whole lot of deburring and dimpling, it was off to priming.

First the skins.  Yes, those are all of the right elevator parts sans the trailing edge, 2 hinge reinforcement places, fairing, foam ribs and horns!


Then everybody else.


I actually have not yet put an edge break into the skin trailing edges nor have I dimpled them yet.  I need to get an "economy" dimple die set set so I can modify it to avoid overlapping the bend in the skins, as called out for in the plans.  As an aside, edge breaks on trailing edges are very important..

No comments:

Post a Comment